Writer, mother, runner, vegan, marketing professional, avocado-enthusiast, mini-van driver, laundry expert, cat-owner and donut lover.

You can contact me at jessicasusanwrites@gmail.com





Thursday, November 27, 2014

In Thanksgiving



I am thankful for that warm bed I woke up in this morning. And thankful for the knowledge that there will be hot water in the shower. I'm thankful for the big beautiful windows in my living room so I can see the snow outside. Thankful for warm boots and hats and gloves and scarves. I'm thankful for the shovel I have to clear off the steps and scrape the driveway. I'm thankful that I have the strength to do it. I'm thankful I have a car to brush the snow off of. I'm thankful for this peaceful neighborhood that I get to live it. And the sound of the neighbor shoveling. I'm thankful for the cold seeping through, knowing that I'm lucky to feel four separate beautiful seasons. And I'm thankful I turned up the heat before I went out.


Though I don't get to be with my children today, I'm thankful that they will have a nice holiday, a good meal, and each other. I'm thankful for the technology that will let me see their faces and hear their voices today. I'm thankful for the family that is waiting for me, and for all the rest of them who I'm thinking about today. I'm thankful to have a job that does not require me to work today, or tomorrow. But I'm thankful for all of those who are working today to keep us safe, to keep us warm, and to keep us healthy.


Today I'm thankful that the sun is shining after the storm. And even though it's cold, I have so very much to keep me warm.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment