Writer, mother, runner, vegan, marketing professional, avocado-enthusiast, mini-van driver, laundry expert, cat-owner and donut lover.

You can contact me at jessicasusanwrites@gmail.com





Monday, May 11, 2015

Shameless Mommy Bragging

If you know Evelyn, you know her hair. Long dark and wavy- the kind of hair that people dream of.


 And in a brilliant moment of generosity, my baby girl decided to donate it. So we did the research and picked Pantene's Beautiful Lengths- a program that makes and donates wigs to women with cancer. We made an appointment at the salon and had only brief moments of anxiety before the big day....


I was worried about the moment she saw her new look- so very different from the one she has always known. Everyone always tells her how beautiful her hair is...compliments her...tells her how jealous they are. And suddenly it was gone. And her face was priceless...

She told me that she felt so wonderful being able to share her hair with someone who was sick. I'm so so proud of my baby. She is every kind of beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment