Writer, mother, runner, vegan, marketing professional, avocado-enthusiast, mini-van driver, laundry expert, cat-owner and donut lover.

You can contact me at jessicasusanwrites@gmail.com





Monday, July 22, 2013

Big Announcement


Big announcement. Huge, epic, life-altering, look-out-world, kind of announcement: After five long years we are, officially. Done. With. Diapers.

Acknowledgements:

I’d like to thank Pampers for consistently making a quality product. I used Luvs, mostly, but we all know they are made by Pampers and sold for less. Or, if you didn’t know, now you do.

I’d like to thank Target, for your well-lit diaper aisles, frequent sales, printable coupons and for selling Starbucks coffee when I most need it.

I’d like to thank every one of my childless friends and family members who have, in the past, held out one of my children at arm’s length while looking about for me wildly with that look on your face that can only mean one thing.

I’d like to thank my mother who never once shied away from changing my kids. Never once.

I’d like to thank my diaper bag which is so awesomely arranged with handy pockets that I will continue to use it but will now refer to it as a “trendy tote.”

And lastly I would like to thank my children. For always producing a dirty diaper at the very worst possible moment (usually when we are horrible late or have a cart full of groceries or at 2 am). For taking me down a notch yet continually making me feel like the most important person in the world. And most of all, for always reminding me that no matter how strongly I feel convinced that I have experienced the grossest thing in the world, there is always a way to top it.

 

A note to my Mommy friends:  You will get here. I know it feels impossible. But paradise is achievable. Hang in there.

 

Adieu diapers!

 

P.S. Just gotta say- the one crazy, empty-nest related part inside of me…..is sad. End of an era! L/J

No comments:

Post a Comment